Little Hours of Montserrat (Munich-Montserrat Hours)
Author: Simon Bening, Flemish painter and miniaturist and one of the greatest innovators, responsible for the boom in Flanders miniatures in the 15th century. He worked for Emperor Charles V, Infante Fernando of Portugal and Archbishop Alberto of Brandenburg, among many other nobles clients.
Measurements: 140 x 100 mm.
Sheets: 221, magnificently illuminated sheets, all of them either full page or with beautiful floral decoration, incorporating hundreds of plants and capitular letters with gold. The wonderful calendar that opens the book is considered by specialists in medieval and Renaissance miniatures to be the second most important for the images of the months of the year, after the "Very Rich Hours of the Duke of Berry".
Catalogue numbers: Ms.53 of the Montserrat Abbey Library, CLM 23638 of the Bayer Stattisbibliothek München (Calendar) and Ms.3 of the Paul Getty Library, Los Angeles.
Origin: Ghent, Flanders, 16th century.
- Bound with genuine silk velvet.
- 24K gold plated bronze covers
- Original binding motifs obtained from the originals using lost-wax casting.
- Impression made on "Stucco Parchment" specially manufactured by Fedrigoni.
- Hot embossing of gold with a "cracked" effect identical to the originals.
- ISBN: 978-84-947357-4-5
Compartir / Partager / Share